Thermalright HR-03 Plus

darktiger

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2007
Okay I decided to put my HR03 Plus on my 8800. here are some pics.

p660754192-3.jpg

Stock

p899619778-3.jpg

With cooler off

p756861390-3.jpg

With heatsinks on

p597644984-3.jpg

With the HR03 Plus attached

p1064719325-3.jpg

With at 120mm fan attached

p1060077426-3.jpg

In my main rigs case.

I will post more info when I have burned in the HSF.

What do you attach the little heatsinks on with?

Is it possible to have the large heatsink mounted the opposite way round so it doesn't take up as much room?

Nice setup, by the way. ;)

What do you attach the little heatsinks on with?

Is it possible to have the large heatsink mounted the opposite way round so it doesn't take up as much room?

Nice setup, by the way. ;)

Being a former Thermalright HR-03 owner (though things may have changed with the Plus version):

RAMsinks attach with thermal tape

Possible to mount heatsink opposite way, although you wouldn't get airflow from the fan over the RAMsinks

your GPU looks like its bending...

but on the other hand.. it looks damn good (but makes other slots useless)...

i'll be tthat baby keeps the GPU cool.

Being a former Thermalright HR-03 owner (though things may have changed with the Plus version):

RAMsinks attach with thermal tape

Possible to mount heatsink opposite way, although you wouldn't get airflow from the fan over the RAMsinks

Picture003-1.jpg

that's the other way around. As you can see, it doesn't leave much room for the CPU heatsink. Currently looking for solutions to replacing my cpu heatsink but there's not much room. :/

mine keeps my 8800gtx at 58C idle

Well thanks to my projects that I am doing for grad school, I do not have anytime to burn it in yet. Right now at idle I am getting 46°C, my core is at 625 and memory at 1700. I am going to use ATITools later on to set my 2D and 3D differently. But it seems pretty cool, and I am getting over 11000 using 3dMark06 without any problems. While running 3dmark06 it only go to 55°C. But I will prob burn it in later on tonight.

Yes the thermal tape is provided. Everything is provided other than the fan. It uses a 92mm fan, but I though a 120mm fan would be better. My system is a lot quieter.

Well thanks to my projects that I am doing for grad school, I do not have anytime to burn it in yet. Right now at idle I am getting 46°C, my core is at 625 and memory at 1700. I am going to use ATITools later on to set my 2D and 3D differently. But it seems pretty cool, and I am getting over 11000 using 3dMark06 without any problems. While running 3dmark06 it only go to 55°C. But I will prob burn it in later on tonight.

11k 3dmarks eh? What are your clocks on the GTS?

What CPU and clocks on it?

11k 3dmarks eh? What are your clocks on the GTS?

What CPU and clocks on it?

625mhz core/1700memory
e6400 oc to 3.4ghz
corsair memory oc to 875...

After this semester I will prob have time to tweak my system. I have been meaning to push my evga board and memory to it's limits. But due to My "L" lens addiction, and my upcoming trip to china I have to put a hold on my new case and that (tuniq tower/thermalright ultra120/monsoonII).

that's the other way around. As you can see, it doesn't leave much room for the CPU heatsink. Currently looking for solutions to replacing my cpu heatsink but there's not much room. :/

58C idle with an aftermarket cooler? My stock cooler would sit at 52C! Do you have decent case airflow?

625mhz core/1700memory
e6400 oc to 3.4ghz
corsair memory oc to 875...

After this semester I will prob have time to tweak my system. I have been meaning to push my evga board and memory to it's limits. But due to My "L" lens addiction, and my upcoming trip to china I have to put a hold on my new case and that (tuniq tower/thermalright ultra120/monsoonII).

That's really impressive :eek:

Which driverset are you running? I'm JUST getting 10900 (on the nose) at 675/2100, e6300 @ 3.5ghz, Ram at 4-5-4-15 and 1000mhz

Wasn't this already said? 625Mhz for the core and 1700Mhz for the memory.

And yeah, I missed that somehow :eek:

58C idle with an aftermarket cooler? My stock cooler would sit at 52C! Do you have decent case airflow?

I wouldn't let idle temperatures decieve you; chances are the delta has been significantly reduced yielding much lower temperatures during load: this is what i assume, anyway.

That's really impressive :eek:

Which driverset are you running? I'm JUST getting 10900 (on the nose) at 675/2100, e6300 @ 3.5ghz, Ram at 4-5-4-15 and 1000mhz

And yeah, I missed that somehow :eek:

Well I forgot my memory is at 1066, and it is running at 4-4-4-12-2T. My drivers are 100.65. Also my score was 10958, I just rounded up to 11000.

What is your temp when you run RTHDRIBL for 24 hours? My brother's GTS never goes over 55°c when running RTHDRIBL for 10+ hours. I bet yours hits a good 70+ easy.

I wouldn't let idle temperatures decieve you; chances are the delta has been significantly reduced yielding much lower temperatures during load: this is what i assume, anyway.

That is exactly what I think is happening.

I am off to eating sushi for dinner, then back to studying. I guess I can run RTHDRIBL for a few hours while I am away.

RTHDRIBL is a terrible test for GPU temperature IMO...

On water, it doesn't even raise my temps 2c. :eek:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/banksd1983/Picture003-1.jpg

how about HR-01 on the CPU with the fan's airflow going vertical, and ducting through GPU so you only need a fan between the two?

Back