• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Taking a chance on AIROH helmet

peterdb

Lifetime Member
Website
www.hellodave.com
I thought i would start a thread about a new helmet that i went ahead and ordered (with no way to see one in person or try on) -whats the worse that can happen? i just have to ship it back right?.
These are Italian and there are no U.S. distributors. So...it's coming from the U.K. -I have been researching like crazy and i haven't read a bad thing about these helmets yet. however, they are not advertised as snow helmets. so....what the heck, ill be the guinea pig. i figure it's an mx helmet so i hope i'm able to make it work.... hopefully it works with my 509 aviators.
I have been looking (more like obsessing) at helmets for several months now. I came across this line and was blown away by the graphics, look, quality, and lightness. here is a pic of the helmet i ordered today! i will post more 'real' pics and real world reviews once i have it in my hands! stay tuned! If anyone has any knowledge of these helmets please chime in!
http://airohamerica.com/page_offroad_english/offroad_eng.html
stelteasy_MILLENIUM_big.png

A friend have been changing helmets every year.he is now on his secound airoh.my brother has one to,wish i had one.....its the best sled helmet i know and have a great outwiew:) just hope it fits!!

Curious to hear what you think about it. I've been contemplating trying one of these. Airoh S4. I like the look of the MX style helmets but don't like wearing goggles all day, thinking this might be a good compromise.

AirohS4.jpg

Master of Faster said:
Curious to hear what you think about it. I've been contemplating trying one of these. Airoh S4. I like the look of the MX style helmets but don't like wearing goggles all day, thinking this might be a good compromise.

Thats a nice looking helmet! what do those go for?

yamaha1973 said:
Master of Faster said:

Thats a nice looking helmet! what do those go for?

Just google them. Then pull up a currency converter because all prices will be in british pounds. They are only sold through european web sites

i like the look and concept behind the motocross style helmets.....but they can't be warm...or are they? they look like air would hit your face alot....the black one neems better than the goggles type.

Yamahajrp said:
i like the look and concept behind the motocross style helmets.....but they can't be warm...or are they? they look like air would hit your face alot....the black one neems better than the goggles type.

you would be surprised...more and more guys are switching to this style. Goggle fitment is pretty darn tight coupled with the proper balaclava/set up and you stay warm and fog free.

Airoh helmets have been sold and used for snowmobiling here i Europe for years. They are a top notch brand and probably considered the best helmet here in Europe. Their model "Stelt" has been the most popular model among racers for many years since they are very light (only 950g). Stelt is now beeing replaced with Aviator which is also a very nice helmet. I have used my Airoh Stelt for about two seasons and I absolutely love it.

airoh_stelt.jpg

I agree with Phyxius74, I also uses a Stelt and it's an awesome helmet. Just make sure that your goggles has a tight fit or cold air will leak in. Suggestion is to use goggles with over-sized frame.

Back