What's is worth?!

evtilsley

Alas as the 3 kids get bigger the vRS seems smaller. Wondering what to put it up for (like to avoid ebay).

The car:

It's a MKII Fabia vRS 2011 with 51K. It's in Rally Green with a white roof with SKODA  decals.

It has quite a few extras including climate control,  cruise control, heated seats, rear parking sensors and all round electric windows. Believe it was an S2000 at delivery.

It has had a few modifications from which it benefits a lot IMO. It has an uprated intercooler and Forge induction system. It's got Firmer suspension & sits lower (no problems over speed bumps etc it doesnt sit silly low). Anti-roll bar fitted. Full stainless steel Miltek exhaust with sports cats. It has been re-mapped by REVO. It's got white ROTA multispoke alloys with 215-40-17 Parada 2 tyres. 

It has been very well looked after with regular services and I check oil regularly. It  consumes a small amount of oil I would say around 1.5 - 2 litres between services (10,000 miles). I bought the car with 24K miles + other than my incorrectly fuelling it once, it's never missed a beat. 

Any issues? Alloys arent pristine + there's a small knocking from the right rear I need to sort out, it's due to be going up on the ramp early next month to sort. 

What do you think? 

WG11.jpg

• Like 2

I did mine on We buy Any Car not so long ago less miles 1 year older,  some similar mods that was £5000.

Mods count for nothing though unless you sell privately and someone really wants it & appreciates the intercooler cost etc... - Maybe Put on Ebay test the water.

If mine was broke & i wanted another VRS MKII, looking at what at what you have posted i would pay maybe around £6K. 

• Like 1

Advertise it on Briskoda, it only costs £5.

Must be worth £6,000 to someone wanting a Modded Mk2 vRS. 

Nicely done and a good car.  

(Tyres would be the first thing to change obviously...., how do you put up with them on?)

Edited by Offski

12 hours ago, Offski said:

Advertise it on Briskoda, it only costs £5.

Must be worth £6,000 to someone wanting a Modded Mk2 vRS. 

Nicely done and a good car.  

(Tyres would be the first thing to change obviously...., how do you put up with them on?)

Quite enjoy sliding it around in the wet

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, john999boy said:

There you go - another reason for @evtilsley to join Freedom and Moderators won't then think of this as a For Sale thread! :tongueout:

Yes I know sorry all.. just trying to get my head around the figures before I go anyway to committing to a larger car. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, evtilsley said:

Yes I know sorry all.. just trying to get my head around the figures before I go anyway to committing to a larger car. 

Just get the larger car, Fabia's are crap and remember its illegal to sell a second hand intercooler for more than £100 to anyone on this thread:D

How 'Big' are these children getting.  Bigger cars are often bigger with not more back seat room or boot.

Are you going 'Big' like a Galaxy / Alhambra?   

The are just as fast almost as a Twincharger if you just keep the accelerator to the floor and say 'Scream if you want to go faster'.

We recently ditched the S-MAX - my wife had been driving various 7 seaters for many years - I offered her 'my turn' to drive the bigger car in the family.

So now she's grinning like the Cheshire Cat in her shiny new 1 series BMW MSport.

Means we've currently got a modest size cars.

Dont  need a Galaxyish thing now - kids out of pushchairs etc.

In both our cars, our eldest (9) sits in the in middle - no booster needed. Either side is a 4 yr old & a 7 yr old. In both cars it's a bit of a squeeze. Will be a lot easier when 4 yr old out of her hig back booster, but that's a way off. 

Looking at VW CC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, evtilsley said:

Get yourself a (used) XC90 with a V8 lump for like 6k 9K. Sorted!

Or an smax with the 2.5 lump?

Edited by bspman

53 minutes ago, evtilsley said:

Might even go DIESEL !!

worth considering if commuting. when everything is electric in next 20 years will we look back and think £60 super unleaded full tank to go 350-400 miles was it worth it, or did i enjoy it too much too notice! 

good luck anyway

I wouldnt buy a new Diesel in case the Govt decide to heavily penalise owners - which was rumoured, but doesnt seem to have happen - but a used one I'm hoping isnt a fools move!

I think there are too many used diesels around - UK would grind to a halt if ownership was too taxing.

Plus I dont go into London very often;  think it's city centres that are going to be a biggest penalties for diesel owners.

Might be wrong...

Edited by evtilsley

You might indeed be wrong as Low Emission Zones will get introduced where there is high pollution and that is not only in City Centres.

Then maybe the Parking Charges higher on Diesels pre Euro 6 and Petrols pre Euro 5.

How about a nice Hybrid 1.8 Petrol like a Toyota Auris. Hatch or Estate.

Or maybe my favourite big brother for a Fabia Twincharger,  a Seat Leon FR ST (estate) 1.8 TSI 180ps DSG.   Performance not far off and handling much better.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1