TDA7560 question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi;
I just found a brand new TDA7560 in my parts box and I’m trying to decide what to do with it. It was sitting there close to 15 years.
I was wondering if it’s possible to bridge it from 4 to 2 channels stereo – OUT1+OUT2 to one channel and OUT3+OUT4 to second channel.
I couldn’t find the answer in datasheet or on the net so I’m asking here if someone knows how to do it.
To be honest; I found one guy on Youtube who did it but I’m not sure if this is bridge connection. He wired one loudspeaker to OUT1- and OUT2+ and the second loudspeaker to OUT3- and OUT4+.
Here is the link (check time 5:17):
TDA7560 Quad Amplifier Deep Bass - YouTube

Attachments

• TDA7560.jpg
    TDA7560.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 161
Oh; one more thing…
I sometimes find myself hard to understand users manuals. I’m not sure about 470k ohm resistor on mute and stand-by pin.
Is this what they had in mind like on attached images?

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 137
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 173
For those outputs you do not use, you connect two 100nF capacitors at the corresponding inputs and connect the capacitor terminals opposite those connected to the TDA7560 chip to ground. This way the unused amplifier channels will not pick up a hum signal. The outputs you do not use you leave without connection. TDA7560 is class A/B and do not need a load.

Yes, the 470K resistor should be connected the way you show. At least I understand the text the same way as you and it seems to make sense.

Oh; one more thing…
I sometimes find myself hard to understand users manuals. I’m not sure about 470k ohm resistor on mute and stand-by pin.
Is this what they had in mind like on attached images?

I have made 2 circuit pcbs of TDA7560 amps last year and still working well to date (no hum, no issues and very low noise). I'm using it to as a crude 7.1 audio system for PC. I connected the mute and standby pins to VCC.

Here are my schem and the pcb layout (though not as optimized as many of the masters here, hehehe).

Note: I think the chips I had was fake. I bought them around less than 300 pesos (>US$6) a pair from china. But they sound very good even from PC audio output.

Attachments

• tda7560.jpg
    tda7560.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 208
  • tda7560_pcb.jpg
    tda7560_pcb.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 121
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.