GT by Citroen Race Car issues

Skygrasper550

Back and forth between gaming and Gunpla
Premium
Philippines
Philippines
skygrasper_550--
4997219622_c96c84338e_b.jpg

I was browsing through the New Dealerships looking for a new car to enter into the 650PP A-Spec Seasonal Events, and when I saw the car, I was like...

http://[domain blocked due to malware]/images/300x/1161742.jpg

so yeah I bought the car (thanks to winnings from Seasonal Events :)), thinking that it would be as fast as LM GT1 cars like the Mercedes CLK-LM and the Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car. But when I got to tune it, I was like "WTH? 1200kg, 580+ hp and no Engine tune available??" :odd: Just by looking at this, clearly it's slower than any of the two cars above, so using this car to beat the McLaren F1 GTR would be, well, impossible.

5,600,000 Cr. for this car, but then you have a Corvette ZR1 RM which a) costs less than 500,000 Cr. , b) is faster overall, c) can still be heavily modified to get even a lot faster. What the hell PD ? :ouch::ouch::ouch: :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Anyway, I decided to give the car a test drive. The interior looks out of this world, especially with the speedometer, but it was hard driving the car in cockpit view because the windshield is too narrow, I can't see very well. Took me a few trips around the Nurburgring Nordschleife just for me to get used to driving it :ouch: I did love the powerful brakes and the excellent handling, though.

So okay, I can forgive the upgrade limitations and the narrow windshield, but what I CANNOT forgive is, IF this car really existed (the road car is real but the race car is only in GT5), that this car has a 7-speed gearbox, but is not mated to paddle shifters. Not. Paddle. Shifters.

Wouldn't it be ideal for a 7-speed gearbox to be mated to paddle shifts? I mean, just look at the driver's hands when you drive the car in cockpit view. The right hand isn't gripping the steering wheel very well because the right hand has to go somewhere to change gears. I'm telling you, narrow windshield + 7-speed gearbox + not paddle shifters = death wish. (yeah, I got into some horrible crashes at the 'Ring. :scared: )

This is a fictional race car. But, as fictional as it is, I'd like it to be reasonable as well.

any thoughts about this car? Please do share. :)

but what I CANNOT forgive is, IF this car really existed (the road car is real but the race car is only in GT5), that this car has a 7-speed gearbox, but is not mated to paddle shifters. Not. Paddle. Shifters.

Wouldn't it be ideal for a 7-speed gearbox to be mated to paddle shifts? I mean, just look at the driver's hands when you drive the car in cockpit view. The right hand isn't gripping the steering wheel very well because the right hand has to go somewhere to change gears. I'm telling you, narrow windshield + 7-speed gearbox + not paddle shifters = death wish. (yeah, I got into some horrible crashes at the 'Ring. :scared: )

If i'm not mistaken the gimpy hand animation is present with all paddle gearshifts, it's like the driver is sensually caressing the steering wheel at 300km/ hour instead of holding it, and each time a shift is made the hand reaches for the bottom. Crappy animation sadly but i've seen it in lot's of cockpit views with paddle shift cars (if not all).

The battle of the car reviewers has started! :)

It's not a bad car, just the cockpit view which ticks me off at times.

I'm glad I waited to earn it through B-spec. Though I do wish it was a bit quicker, and that it didn't sound like a 4-cylinder.
:banghead:

I personally love the way the car handles. It takes corners smoothly and steadily and it's very predictable for the most part.

And god forbid, it looks epic!

this is one of my favorite GT5 cars, not only the interior, but once you take all assists off *in Jeremy Clarkson voice* "its becomes a monsta"
i freaking love it!
and as for the 580 hp....are you sure? i have mine clocking in at around 675 right now?!?
give it a chance man, you will love it!

I don't think this car fits in the LM GT1 category. GT2-GT3 the most... It still doesn't matter since there isn't any class regulation in GT5. I never boothered buying this RM version since I never felt it was going to be a good car. Thanks to this thread, now I know.

If i'm not mistaken the gimpy hand animation is present with all paddle gearshifts, it's like the driver is sensually caressing the steering wheel at 300km/ hour instead of holding it, and each time a shift is made the hand reaches for the bottom. Crappy animation sadly but i've seen it in lot's of cockpit views with paddle shift cars (if not all).

There were two problems with the gear animations. 1) The driver never knew what paddle to press and was constantly switching hands. 2) The Citroen GT and Ferrari F430 had regular stick shift animations when they don't even have gear sticks.

When it comes to animations, they have been fixed. The driver now presses the correct paddle. Still a bit slow, but at least they are MUCH better than with the release date GT5. It makes it more enjoyable and convincing.

About the Citroen GT and Ferrari 430, I don't know if it has been fixed. I really don't like those cars specially the F430 so I haven't checked them in a long time.

I personally love the way the car handles. It takes corners smoothly and steadily and it's very predictable for the most part.

And god forbid, it looks epic!

this is one of my favorite GT5 cars, not only the interior, but once you take all assists off *in Jeremy Clarkson voice* "its becomes a monsta"
i freaking love it!
and as for the 580 hp....are you sure? i have mine clocking in at around 675 right now?!?
give it a chance man, you will love it!

👍👍

Considering I'm completely used to the interior driving view, the GT is pretty damn easy to drive. My only problem with it is the rear view :)

You can throw it in the Corners like almost no other Car.
It is for me a super fast Car and I beat the McLaren in the seasonals easily. Almost no wheelspin and it has Grip.

PS 1200kg isn´t it the same class like the Audi R8LMS racer ??
=> GT-class and not LM-GT (lighter than normal GT) or even LMP like the price would assume.

4997219622_c96c84338e_b.jpg

I was browsing through the New Dealerships looking for a new car to enter into the 650PP A-Spec Seasonal Events, and when I saw the car, I was like...

http://[domain blocked due to malware]/images/300x/1161742.jpg

so yeah I bought the car (thanks to winnings from Seasonal Events :)), thinking that it would be as fast as LM GT1 cars like the Mercedes CLK-LM and the Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car. But when I got to tune it, I was like "WTH? 1200kg, 580+ hp and no Engine tune available??" :odd: Just by looking at this, clearly it's slower than any of the two cars above, so using this car to beat the McLaren F1 GTR would be, well, impossible.

5,600,000 Cr. for this car, but then you have a Corvette ZR1 RM which a) costs less than 500,000 Cr. , b) is faster overall, c) can still be heavily modified to get even a lot faster. What the hell PD ? :ouch::ouch::ouch: :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Anyway, I decided to give the car a test drive. The interior looks out of this world, especially with the speedometer, but it was hard driving the car in cockpit view because the windshield is too narrow, I can't see very well. Took me a few trips around the Nurburgring Nordschleife just for me to get used to driving it :ouch: I did love the powerful brakes and the excellent handling, though.

So okay, I can forgive the upgrade limitations and the narrow windshield, but what I CANNOT forgive is, IF this car really existed (the road car is real but the race car is only in GT5), that this car has a 7-speed gearbox, but is not mated to paddle shifters. Not. Paddle. Shifters.

This is a fictional race car. But, as fictional as it is, I'd like it to be reasonable as well.

any thoughts about this car? Please do share. :)

Really, the NUMBER 1 PROBLEM, is the visibilty.

The GT by Citroen road car is already pitiful enough as far as visibilty, but the race car is just unbearable. It makes the peugeot 908 look something of a McLaren F1 or open cockpit car in comparison

Back